Athletic Connection Standard Bleachers with Fencing
Athletic Connection builds their benches & bleachers to the highest standards. Listed below are some of the differences compared to other manufacturers who may be listing their benches & bleachers as equivalent.
1. Frame construction – Athletic Connection Standard bleachers use 100% aluminum angle stock. Be careful of those quoting “galvanized, steel angle iron” as equal. Aluminum will never rust and is a superior material.
2. Seat Planks – Athletic Connection Standard bleachers use 100% anodized aluminum with a minimum wall thickness of 0.078”. A thinner walled unit does not have the same strength or support.
3. Foot Planks – Athletic Connection Standard bleachers use 100% Mill Finish Aluminum. Be careful of those quoting steel foot planks. Steel can rust out and need to be replaced, especially in outdoor humid or coastal climates.
4. End Caps – Athletic Connection Standard bleachers are constructed of fiber reinforced polypropylene. Polypropylene caps will have no sharp edges to snag clothing or skin, causing injuries.
5. Indoor Use – Athletic Connection Tip N’ roll units come with rubber leg protectors so they can be used indoors or out. Be careful of units using steel vs aluminum. In a “tip over” style bleacher, steel can damage your gym floor or cause personal injuries.
6. Front Rows – Be very careful to know the exact height of each seat section and the overall units. Some Manufacturers cut as much as 6” off every seat height to save money on materials and to lower their bids. This puts the front row approximately 11” above ground level making the 1st row uncomfortable for spectators.
7. Back & Side Fencing – Athletic Connection Preferred bleachers are constructed with 9 gauge wire and heavy duty fence pipe that is attached to the bleacher using heavy duty aluminum angle and channel. Anything less is asking for mechanical and safety problems.
Don’t be fooled by a lower priced unit. Athletic Connection's manufacturing team has been in the business for 30 years. If you see bids or quotes that “seems too good to be true” – they most likely are.
Keep in mind that all respectable manufacturers purchase aluminum at more or less the same commodity prices. Anyone offering to deliver product at 30% less is cutting costs by not matching the same specifications as Diamond Sports. A lower spec unit will be less safe, require more frequent maintenance, repair or replacement than a quality unit.
Features of Standard Bleachers
- Frames are 100% welded aluminum angle
- Planks are 10”W
- Bleachers include guardrail system and riser boards on rows 4 and above
- Available in 4 & 5 row models
- Available in 15’, 21’ and 27’ long
- Colored bleachers include colored seat planks only.
- Due to constantly changing specifications, please check local building and safety codes to ensure compliance
5 Year Limited Warranty